The Wayne Township Trustee provides emergency assistance for individuals who meet eligibility requirements. Individuals 18 years of age and older may apply for assistance. Clients are seen Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. by appointment only.
All applicants applying for township assistance will be processed according to written uniform standards, without regard to applicant’s age, sex, religious creed, national origin, political belief, or physical or mental handicap.
Persons that may qualify for other benefit programs will be required to make a formal application with those programs.
To determine eligibility, the Trustee will consider resources and assets of the household such as cash on hand, checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, proceeds of grants, student loans or stipends, recreational vehicles and any other resources.
The township may require households requesting township assistance to allow an inspection of their living quarters. The inspector will assess the unit’s compliance with the minimum standards of health, safety, decency, and will determine the amount of rental assistance per trustee standards.
Determination will be made within 72 hours of the initial application. Holidays and weekends are excluded.
Wayne Township will accommodate persons who are unable to physically come into the township office to apply for township assistance. Arrangements for home visits may be made by calling the office and making an appointment. Forms may be accessed on this website, at the bottom of this page. When making your appointment, please ask what forms you need to print and complete for your appointment.
The Wayne Township Trustee provides assistance with basic living expenses which may include: Medical Assistance, Food, Shelter, Transportation, Utilities, Burial, Heating Fuel, Clothing.
The Wayne Township Trustee also provides a Veterans Service Officer. If you are a veteran, or the spouse of a veteran and you need help filing a claim or checking the status of an existing claim you can contact our office.
Your caseworker can explain these services to you in detail.
What You Need To Bring On Appointment Day.
• Proof of residence (Lease or Mortgage)
• State issued Identification for all household members 18 years of age or older
• Social security for all household members www.ssa.gov
• Signature on application for all household members 18 years of age or older
• Income for all adults living in the household in the past 30 days
• Paid receipts (cancelled checks, statements, money order stubs)
• Doctors statement written in the last 30 days if you are unable to work or have work restrictions
• Proof of filing taxes by providing income tax returns showing income and payment of taxes or refund (Feb 1 to June 30)
Tips for Applying
• Be on time, be patient and be honest
• Bring all information requested and more if you can
• Keep all appointments with other agencies
• Keep all receipts and pay stubs
Off-Site Non-Township Assistance Programs
(By appointment only)
• Energy Assistance Program, Winter Assistance Fund and Summer Cool down (317) 524-6966
www.cagi-in.org – Click for more information
• Families and Covering Kids Health Insurance (HIP, Hoosier Healthwise, and Wishard Advantage) (317) 241-4191
Hoosier Healthwise Website – Click for more information
Healthy Indiana Plan – Click for more information
Wishard Advantage – Click for more information
• Marion County Prosecutors’ Office, Division of Child Support (317) 327-1800
Marion County Prosecutor Child Support Website – Click for more information
•Social Security Payee Program 317-241-4191
Social Security Payee Program Website – Click for more information
•Marion County Veteran Service Office 317-327-5563
www.Indy.Gov/VeteranServices – Click for more information
* Indiana Department of Child Services, Child Support
Other Assistance Program Websites
- Indiana SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, HHW, HIP – In.gov/fssa
- Social Security Disability – ssa.gov/disabilityssi
- Social Security Cards – sea.gov/ssnumber
- Food Pantries – Foodpantries.org
- Citizens Energy Group – citizensenergygroup.com
- Indianapolis Power and Light – iplpower.com
- File for Unemployment – in.gov/dwd
- Print Social Security Award Letter – socialsecurity.gov
Wayne Township Assistance Forms for Download
Click on the name of the form to start the download and print.
Forms for new clients
Forms for returning clients