Eligibility & Application Information
The Wayne Township Trustee provides emergency assistance for individuals who meet the eligibility requirements. Individuals 18 years of age and older may apply for assistance. The Wayne Township Trustee's Office accepts walk-in appointments and serves clients on a first-come, first-served basis. We encourage you to visit our offices before noon to ensure you are seen by a caseworker that day.
Please call 317-241-4191 if you have questions.
All applicants applying for township assistance will be processed according to written uniform standards, without regard to the applicant's age, sex religious creed, national origin, political belief or physical or mental handicap.
Persons that may qualify for other benefit programs will be required to make a formal application with those programs.
To determine eligibility, the Trustee will consider resources and assets of the household such as cash on hand, checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, proceeds of grants, student loans or stipends, recreational vehicles, and any other resources.
The township may require households requesting township assistance to allow an inspection of their living quarters. The inspector will assess the unit's compliance with the minimum standards of health, safety, and decency, and will determine the amount of rental assistance per trustee standards. Determination will be made within 72 hours of the initial application. Holidays and weekends are excluded.
Wayne Township will accommodate persons who are unable to physically come into the township office to apply for township assistance. Arrangements for home visits may be made by calling the office and making an appointment. Forms may be accessed on this page of the website. When you are making your appointment, please ask what forms you need to print and complete for your appointment.
You will need to bring with you the following information for your walk-in interview:
*Other information may be asked and required for you to return if a decision cannot be made.
1. Identification for all adults in the household 18 years of age and older. Acceptable forms of ID are current Driver’s license, State ID card,
School ID. We require that if you live in Indiana for more than 30 days that you must obtain Indiana credentials.
2. Social Security cards for all household members. If you are missing any or all of them, you will be seen and given 30 days to provide.
3. Non-U.S. Citizens. Permanent Residence Card (Green Card)
4. Proof of current residence within Wayne Township. Lease & ledger or Current Mortgage Statement or current Property Taxes.
5. All adults 18 and older are required to sign the application.
6. Proof of income for ALL adults in the household for the past 30 days. Pay Stubs, Social Security, TANF, Child Support, Unemployment, statement from anyone providing support, app-based work.
7. Proof of how income has been spent for the past 30 days. Receipts, money orders, Bank transactions, pre-paid cards, online apps, Way2Go (child support), Hoosier Works (TANF), Utility Allotment cards.
8. If any adult is under doctor care or has a medical condition making them unable to work or restrictions, we will need a current Doctor statement regarding this.
9. Required January through July: Proof of filing and status of Federal and State Income Tax Returns. If you have not filed or asked for an extension, you must also provide proof of. If a refund has been received, you must provide proof of how it was spent.
Tips for Applying
Be on time, be patient and be honest
Bring all information requested and more if you can
Keep all appointments with other agencies
Keep all receipts and pay stubs
Assistance forms for download (English Only):
Click on the name of the form below to view the online application or to download
and print the form.
For returning clients